Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Senator Specter Does the Right Thing

"As the Republican Party has moved farther and farther to the right, I have found myself increasingly at odds with the Republican philosophy and more in line with the philosophy of the Democratic Party."

"One of the key interests I have is medical research… which… saved and prolonged many lives, including my own."

"I will not be changing my own personal independence or my own approach to individual issues."

"I will not hesitate to disagree and vote my independent thinking and what I consider as a matter of conscience to be in the interest of the state and nation."

"The principles that I subscribe to are my independence…"

Sounds a bit like a Howard Roark speech, even if it was likely written by a speechwriter.

Apparently, there still are some reasonable people in government. Go figure.

No comments: